CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Traditions


What are your Christmas Traditions?

We pretty much do all the regular things but I want to try and branch out in the years to come.
Some of the things we do or have done are:
Christmas lights at temple square
Pinata on Christmas Eve
Pajamas on Christmas Eve
Festival of Trees
Have Santa come to a family christmas party
Drive around to houses/communities that put up big Christmas light displays
Go to the light luminary at the Winder Dairy graveyard
Have sticky buns/pull aparts Christmas morning.

I'm thinking this year we will do gingerbread houses but do them as stables instead so we will have gingerbread stables.

I am also making the husband take me to A Christmas Carol play this year so that is something different.

I knew a family that had an orange peel fight on christmas eve. I always thought that sounded fun but feel dumb stealing it.

Is there anything else fun out there?!

1 comments:

Sabrina said...

Winder Dairy has a grave yard? Ooh, pinata - I love it.

What about nativity made out of white chocolate? I want to find somewhere to go on a hay ride/sleigh ride. You could go skiing on Christmas Day. Make cookies and deliver them announamously to a neighbor. Watching White Christmas (Tad hates), watching Better Off Dead. Put on your clogging shoes and perform at Dickens Festival (speaking of I so wish I knew who sang that disco We Wish You a Merry Christmas that Castleview would always use)

What about the new one of the Drummonds having a big clogger party at their house and everyone bringing a white elephant? I love that one.

I wanted to go to the Forgotten Carols but then remembered the very very very cheesy ending with Michael McClane where he makes you all hold hands and I just don't think I can stomach that again.