CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Huff & Puff

If you ever want to know how out of shape you are just go on a vertical hike.
On Saturday we drove up to Silver Lake at the base of Brighton and then hiked up to Twin Lakes (or lake I should say as there was only one lake) with Sabrina, Tad, Brandi and kiddies. When checking out this hike on the internet the description of it went like this "EASY". It is only a mile or so hike however the mile is straight up so between the altitude and climbing I was cursing the word "easy" by the time we got to the top. I felt like a major loser, especially going with Tad who pretty much bounded up the mountain. Pathetic! We chilled by the lake for a while and then hiked around it trying to find it's non existent counterpart.


Here is our beautiful family photo by the lake (as you can see we had to bribe the stink with a water bottle to get her to sit still for a second)


The stink pondering the mysteries of the lake


The betrothed's. Apparently the stink is just using him for his binky.


A duck and her babies swimming down on Silver lake.

1 comments:

Sabrina said...

Okay so I read somewhere online that it was two lakes but since there is the dam there, it's now one. I think they totally need to change the name.