CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ramblings


I've been feeling 'ick' lately...not sick (though I was that also...I suspect I have the black lung) just ick...and I can't quite put my finger on it. I'm just wondering am I the only one who goes through moods like this? I'm sure I'm not but sometimes you just feel that way. I've done a lot of blog surfing lately which I do not think is good for me. I'm somewhat a competitive person by nature...I'm motivated by competition, otherwise I don't do much. Sad but true. So looking at what other people are doing sometimes gets to me. It makes me feel like I have not done much with my life at all. There are so many experiences out there that still need to be explored (unfortunatley most of them require mass loads of money). I know I have certain accomplishments that I have reached and those have been my goals but I am now realizing goals are a little harder to set when you are older, at least for me. When you are 18 you have the whole world before you and all the time in the world. When you are 30 you feel like your options are somewhat limited, especially when you have kids. So I need some new goals. I don't really want the typical goals most people have like running a marathon, or being the best mom in the world (though I do want to be that don't get me wrong) so that is probably why I have made it more complicated for myself. I love learning but I hate school. I don't mind self teaching myself things but find it harder to find time to myself to do so as a certain stinkerpots in our family decides she....should I actually say it........is getting a mind of her own. Who told them they could do that?!?! Anywhoo this is just a rambling post that will hopefully get this question off my mind for a while...Life will figure it's way out. It always does.

2 comments:

The Bliss Family said...

You definitely aren't the only one who feels like that! I do more often than I would like. I did, however, make a "top 100 list." Actually it's 101...but nevermind that. Anyway, it's a list of 101 things I would like to accomplish at some point in my life. It was kind of hard to think of that many things...but it helps me remember what I want to do and be when I'm feeling "ick" like you are. Also, My list keeps growing as I think of other things...Try it if you'd like, it might help. Good luck! Love ya.

turning about said...

The "icks" come and go with everyone I think. Solution: well I don't have one, but would often like to know for myself. What works for me, keeping busy with something or another.