
So I've been a little paranoid about the Swine Flu since I found out one of the girls I teach dance to contracted it. My pediatrician had told me it would be a good idea for all of us to get the flu shot since those under 6 months can't get it & they are high risk.
So when I found out they were doing a big blitz this Saturday on giving out flu shots at certain health departments I decided we probably needed to break down and go get it.
The clinics started at 7:00 on Saturday morning. That's right. That meant dragging ourselves out of our comfortable bed at the wee hour of a Saturday morn, packing up the kids and heading out.
We actually did not leave until about 7:30 and we weren't quite sure what we would find, but as we turned up the road it became abundantly clear what we were to expect.
That's right, about the longest line I've ever seen in my life. The cars were parked all the way down to Hunter High & the clinic was almost at the top of 47th. I'm not sure how long the line actually went as it eventually turned into a neighborhood, but I can tell you it was 1/2 way down 56th and that is with it wrapping around the building.
Well when we saw this we promptly drove past and headed to have breakfast at the Belgian Waffle as we knew there was no way we were going to stand in line, let alone even have a chance to get the shot.
Oh well...I guess I will just keep fetishly washing my hands.
By the way...Obama has officially declared the swine flu a national emergency. Hmmm...thanks Obama.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
The Early Morning Adventure
Posted by a&e drumm at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Everyone must be paranoid if the line was that long. I have never had a flu shot, and have been lucky enough to not get too sick. Thats me though.
Post a Comment